Profile of Office of the Accountant General, State of Osun
The office of the Accountant-General belongs to the finance conglomerate under the supervision of the Ministry of Finance. The Accountant- General of the State Government of Osun is the administrative head of the State Treasury. The Accountant-General is appointed by the Governor and often serve till retirement in accordance with the Public Service Rule.The Accountant-General is charged with the responsibility to manage all receipts and payments of the State to ensure that a proper system of account together with controls exist in every department of the State’s treasury. He also exercises general supervision over the receipts of public revenue and over the expenditure of the State Government.The State Treasury office is one of the arms of the Ministry of Finance. The office is also known and called the Office of the Accountant-General. This office has been in existence since the creation of the state.The Treasury office is solely responsible for the delivery of financial services of the State Government under the technical supervision and coordination of the office of the Accountant-General. It comprises of five (5) Departments and (1) Unit, 1.Treasury and Pension Services 2.Inspectorate and Management Services 3.Administration and Supplies 4.Finance and Accounts 5.Final Accounts Unit: (i) Internal Audit Unit. The Departments and Units in the Accountant-General perform various functions and activities that have in no small measure enhanced the development of the State.
Fiscal Policy Matters
Administration and Supplies
Finance and Accounts
Planning, Research and Statistics
To be the most efficient and formidable vehicle through which the State Government would achieve self-reliance and fiscal sustainability.
To improve the financial status of the State by maximizing the State’s revenue potentials and ensuring transparency, accountability and sustainability through effective and efficient use of the State’s financial resources.
Objectives of the Ministry
- To Prepare for Publication the State Government Accounts.
- To Publish Annual Financial Statement of the State Government.
- To monitor the financial operation of all Ministries, Departments and Agencies of Government with a view to ensuring existence of adequate internal controls, compliance with the financial regulations and prudence in public spending.
- To give intelligence and timely report about the finances of the State Government.
- To Formulate the Accounting policy of the State Government
- Osun 2019 Third Quarter Budget Performance Reports
- Osun 2019 First Quarter Budget Performance Reports
- Details of 2019 First Quarter Expenditure Performance
- 2017 Abridged Budget
- Osun Central Budget Consultation Attendance
- Osun Central Budget Consultation Attendance 2
- State of Osun 2018 Fourth Quarter Budget Performance
- Overall 2019 Draft Budget based on Nature
- Overall Budget based on Function
- Overall Budget based on Programme
- Overall Budget based on Sector
- 2019 Budget - Details of Revenue
- 2019 Budget - Details of Overheads
- 2019 Budget - Details of Capital & Asset
- 2019 Approved Budget (Appropriation Law)
- 2019 DRAFT BUDGET (Complete)
- Minutes of Citizens' Engagement (Reports)
- Osun 2018 1st Quarter Budget Performance
- 2018 2nd Quarter Budget Performance
- 2018 3rd Quarter Budget Performance
- 2018 BUDGET FRAMEWORK
- FIRST QUARTER 2019 BUDGET PERFORMANCE
- DETAILS OF 2019 FIRST QUARTER EXPENDITURE PERFORMANCE